Everything came together during my first yoga workshop. Simon Low, a British yogateacher, came to Utrecht to teach. I had been using the practices on his DVD for several years and was curious to experience his teachings in real life. The focus on safe practice, the respect for individual body (mine didn’t really agree with a lot of the movements) and the emphasis on alignment, anatomy and breath in a dynamic yang and meditative yin sessions, made complete sense.
During that day I decided that if I ever were to do a training that it would be with him. Not to become an actual teacher, just to deepen my own practice and knowledge, or so I thought.. Until I went on a surf and yoga holiday in Portugal, where I was asked by the group to teach, because the yogateacher wasn’t there, I discovered that sharing my passion was exactly what I did want.
After being accepted to the training and being busy with preparations I found out about Thai Yoga Massage which turned out to be beautifully complementary to the practice and teaching of yoga and gave me the opportunity to physically experience anatomy in a different way.
The Yin and Yang Yoga Teacher Training and Study Immersion which I completed in March 2015, has given me wonderful knowledge to enable me to start teaching. I have learned a lot about yoga philosophy, teaching methodology, (subtle) anatomy, physiology and a safe and individual way of asana practice.
The combination of yin and yang yoga that adopts knowledge from different movement principles (yoga, Chi Kung, osteopathy, Chinese medicine etc.) With a focus on alignment, anatomy and awareness in combination with massage, is what really works for me.
Yoga has given me the space I needed to (want to) get to know myself better. It has supported me during more challenging periods in my life and allows me to appreciate the beautiful parts of life more intensely. Yoga has given me freedom and true happiness. This is what I would like to share.
The study of yoga has infinite possibilities and I will therefore always stay a student.
- 200-hour Yin and Yang Yoga Teacher Training and Study Immersion 2015 with Simon Low, The Yoga Academy, Koh Samui, Thailand
- 5-day intensive (32-hrs); Working with injuries in yoga classes with Julie Gudmestad at Yogacampus
- 3-day (19.5-hrs) Inner axis teacher training at Yoga Moves with Max Strom
- 4-day A therapeutic eye in yoga teaching and practice at Yoga Moves with Doug Keller
- 50-hour study immersion on yin and restorative yoga, pranayama, meditation and somatic awareness, with Simon Low, Turkey
- Thai Yoga Massage (30hrs)(Nuad Bo-Rarn) level 1 training at Thai Hand Amsterdam
- Thai Yoga Massage (30hrs)(Nuad Bo-Rarn) level 2 training at Thai Hand Amsterdam
- Thai Therapeutic massage (30hrs)(Wat Po style) level 1 training at Thai Hand Amsterdam
I’m practicing Tai chi chuan in Rotterdam and attended workshops with Simon Low, Max Strom, Sarah Powers, Lizzy Lasater and Susi Hately and others.